Honestly Me

Just being me.

Do you dare to do

The same?

Writer’s Island

Week #25

About these ads
Comments
  1. laurie kolp says:

I love your ending = )

Thanks for your comment on my blog… I really appreciate your honesty!

• gsb3 says:

Thanks, Lori. I appreciate your positive feedback, and I’m glad you took my constructive criticism as positive, which is how it was meant. Sometimes I am honest to a fault, but I’m glad you appreciated it. Thanks for commenting, and for the compliments.

2. Irene says:

Yea it’s a real challenge to be honest..

• gsb3 says:

Hi, Irene. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I’m glad you can appreciate what I tried to convey in my poem. It has really been an uphill battle lately, but for the most part the community has been good. Come back again soon! :)

3. wayne says:

nicely done and thanks for sharing……poetry is always honest

• gsb3 says:

thank you for commenting and the compliment. as to whether poetry is always honest, I think that is debatable. Some poets mean to be honest, but are not being honest with themselves, so I would say their poetry is not honest. Some poets are more out to entertain or project some type of persona with an agenda, so they are less concerned with honestry than the front they are trying to project. I would say that those poets are not honest either. And some poets are more concerned with the art than conveying anything personal about themselves. Not sure if they would really be honest either, at least about themselves. But I would agree with you that MOST poetry is honest, especially today, because of the style that most poets write in, which is influenced by Emily Dickinson, sort of a autobiographical style. Thanks again.

4. b_y says:

Nope. I lie, I lie, I lie.
    Reality is far too dismal for me, but if it works for you, hold the lantern high.

• gsb3 says:

Ah, but that is exactly what I am honest about–dismal reality. I guess some people can’t accept it, which, I admit, is not easy. I’m just an honest person, I guess, no matter how bad it gets.

Thanks for your comment, and good luck.